Whether you are a coffee or tea person all you want to do is to wake up to a hot beverage to start your day and choosing the best tea kettle nowadays can be so overwhelming.
In the market now there are different types of tea kettles which are made of stainless steel, glass or ceramic but the two main types of tea kettles are stovetop tea kettle and an electric tea kettle.
In this guide, we will give you the top 5 in the market right now, explain why we chose them, give you their customer feedback and list out their pros and cons respectively.
At the end of this guide, you should be able to choose the best tea kettle for your kitchen and start your day with your favorite beverage.
But before we go into details let us highlight our top 5.
|S/N||NAME OF PRODUCT||UNIQUE FEATURE||PRICE|
|1||Cuisinart Tea Kettle||Best High Tech||Check Price|
|2||Mr Coffee Flintshire Tea Kettle||Best for a Low Budget||Check Price|
|3||Bella Ceramic Tea Kettle||Best Aesthetic||Check Price|
|4||Mueller Austria Tea Kettle||Overall Best||Check Price|
|5||Willow & Everett Tea Kettle||Best Classic||Check Price|
Now, that we have highlighted our top 5 let’s dive straight in.
Best Tea Kettle in 2019
This is a beautiful cordless programmable kettle that comes in stainless steel. It is able to hold and heat up 1.7 liters of water. It is designed to have a blue backlit water window that shows you the water level inside the kettle without having you opening the kettle to check how much water is left. It also comes with a removable scale filter that helps to filter unwanted particles in the kettle for an optimum result.
This is a high-tech tea kettle that has 6 preheat settings for making your beverage at the right temperature and also it has a blue LED indicator that helps to show what operation is going on. It has an auto shut off feature and a boil dry protection feature that prevents heating operations from continuing when there is little or no water in the tea kettle. This helps preserve the lifespan of your tea kettle. One of the amazing features of this tea kettle is that it has a memory feature which allows the kettle to be lifted off the base for 2 minutes without losing its initial brewing process, therefore continuing the operation when the tea kettle is placed back on the base.
The amazing part of this kettle is that the handle doesn’t heat up when the liquid boils and it has a non-slip handle to prevent unwanted accidents. It is also made to have a concealed heating element inside that prevents mineral build up inside the body of the kettle, which reduces constant maintenance of the tea kettle.
The only downside to this tea kettle is that is expensive and would not be suitable for someone on a low budget.
Customers love that is cordless and has 6 pre-settings for brewing tea or coffee.
- 1.7 liters capacity
- Blue backlit water window
- Nonslip handle
- Concealed heating element
- 6 preset temperature
- Removable and cleanable scale filter.
- Helps to brew tea and coffee
- Memory feature
- Not so easy to operate.
This is a classic whistling stainless steel tea kettle that is able to hold about 1.75 quarts of water which is about 7 cups of water.
This solid tea kettle is able to whistle when the liquid in it has come to boil. It also has a flip-up spout cover that ensures safe pouring of hot liquids and this same flip-up spout cover helps to cover the kettle and keep liquids from getting cold.
This product is manufactured by Gibson overseas inc. which is known worldwide to produce durable products, its stainless steel finish is able to be hand washed and also can be put in a dishwasher for cleaning.
The only downside to this product is that it doesn’t make use of electricity and therefore doesn’t have a boil dry feature.
Customers love this product not only for its classy look but also it isn’t heavy and the handle remains cool even when the kettle is hot.
- Stainless steel
- Classic look
- Whistling properties
- It isn’t an electric kettle
This is a beautiful electric ceramic tea kettle that has a detachable base, so pouring out liquids can be done with ease. It has a lovely and timeless look that it comes in silver tile, black floral, purple diamond, blue aztec, red diamond, turquoise tile and silver chevron. With all this different variation this tea kettle is able to match into your kitchen theme seamlessly.
This beautiful tea kettle has a long gooseneck which is ideal for hot liquids because it reduces the dangers of spills. It also comes with an ON/OFF switch with a blue LED light that shows if the kettle has been turned on. This kettle has the ability of boiling water very fast and its ceramic property enables it to keep in heat.
It comes with a boil dry feature with enables you to worry less about the kettle boiling liquids to a drypoint which minimizes kitchen hazards. Its one-touch operation makes boiling water straightforward and simple. It also has a concealed heating element so the inner part of the kettle isn’t filled with mineral line marks which keeps the kettle clean effortlessly.
The only downside to this product is that it is a little bit on the heavy side and then if it falls that would be the end of the product but asides that it is a good and beautiful tea kettle
Aesthetically customers believe it is beautiful and it boils water properly.
- Looks Good
- Easy to operate
- Can be detached from its base
- Concealed heating element.
- A little bit heavy
- It has to be taken care of gently to avoid cracks.
This is a sleek tea kettle made up of a see-through borosilicate glass which resists scratch and it comes with a cordless kettle top. The tea kettle is capable of holding about 1.8L of water. Its handle is slip and heat free so you don’t need to worry about the tea kettle slipping from your hands or the handle getting too hot when the liquid comes to a boil.
This tea kettle is amazing because it is able to boil water at 160 F which is capable of killing pathogens and bacteria that are present in water. It is also equipped with an with an automatic shut off so you don’t need to worry about water boiling dry which eliminates hazards for you. It has an LED light that indicates when the kettle is heating up water
It is built to have an anti-slip handle that also resists heat which reduces hazards to the barest minimum.
The only downside to this tea kettle is that if it is not handled properly it could break but then it is still made of a strong glass.
About 83% of customers that used this product love it because it boils water quickly, it is lightweight, good looking and its heating element is constantly protected.
- Made of Borosilicate glass
- It looks good
- Easy to operate
- Cordless kettle top
- Concealed heating element
- Anti-slip handle
- Makes use of electricity
- Has to be handled carefully because of the glass.
This is a very unique tea kettle with a capsule bottom and mirror finish. It is able to house about 3 liters of liquid. It is built to last because it is made of stainless steel, iron, and aluminum making it rust resistant.
This whistling teapot comes with a stainless steel strainer for brewing tea or coffee just as you please. It is also able to boil water in no time because it has 5 layers of aluminum, stainless steel, and iron sandwiched together. This property makes it a very efficient means of boiling water or brewing your tea or coffee.
Its metal mirror body is easy to maintain and keep shiny. Its handle is covered with silicone to make it non-slip and it doesn’t heat up when the kettle is hot with liquid. Its handle is also designed to have a firm grip hold and its lever closes easily and whistles when the liquid in the tea kettle has come to a boil.
The only downside to this tea kettle is that due to its 5 sandwiched layers of aluminum, stainless steel and iron it makes the tea kettle heavy.
A leaking tea kettle is what customers look out to avoid when buying a tea kettle and this tea kettle doesn’t have a case of that which makes customers love it more.
- Makes use of a stove
- Optimum heating capacity
- Fair pricing
- Mirror finish
- Anti-rust properties.
- Tea Strainer
- A little bit heavy.
How to Clean your Tea Kettle
Most times we think because a tea kettle boils water, tea or coffee it doesn’t get dirty, but it actually does, especially when there are mineral marks from boiling water or even stains from tea or coffee. Clean your tea kettle and in turn, it will always give you the best taste of any beverage you are trying to make and also it keeps the longevity of your tea kettle.
It doesn’t matter if your tea kettle is electric base or needs a stove to heat up, it has to be cleaned constantly.
There are different ways of maintaining your tea kettles which are as follows.
- Boil with water and vinegar
- Wipe with mild dishwashing detergent and sponge
- As for stove based tea kettles, it can be put in the washing machine
- For stainless steel and copper, kettles avoid boiling liquid to dry because it will leave in mineral marks.
- Never under any circumstance put your tea kettle in the microwave.
Tips For Choosing The Best Tea Kettle
There are a lot of things to consider when choosing the best tea kettle because as little as it may seem it is one of the most used kitchen equipment especially if you love to take your beverages in the morning or you need hot water for cooking or for something to do around the house.
The following are the things to consider;
- Weight: Most elderly people would rather go for tea kettles that are not so heavy in order to avoid unnecessary accidents.
- Mode of Heating: There are 2 main distinct modes of heating which are electric or stove. This has to be considered because some people would prefer a gas-based tea kettle because they have a gas range at home and while some people would prefer an electric based kettle for its convenience. This is because for a stove tea kettle it doesn’t have an auto shut off so water could be boiled dried.
- Budget: The question you always have to ask yourself before purchasing a product is how much are you willing to spend on the product. The reason behind this is so you will not go overbored and it would help you focus on the products that are available within your budget.
- Aesthetic: Sometimes our kitchen already has a theme we would want to continue with, it could be a color or material type. Tea kettles now vary from stainless steel, copper, iron, aluminum, glass and even ceramics so narrowing down to a convenient choice for the best tea kettle for your kitchen would be easy.
- Safety: we can not underestimate the hazards that come with boiling liquids in the kitchen especially when you have younger ones around you so when getting a tea kettle it is best to look out for tea kettles that have a firm hand grip and is not flimsy.
- Heat Element: When choosing the best tea kettle especially an electric one it is best to go for one that has a covered heating element, if not some material form the heating element starts to leak into your liquid which would eliminate the fine taste of your beverage and also even for boiled water it would give it a different taste. Unwanted stains could also be avoided when the heating element is covered which will eliminate the need for constant washing of your tea kettle.
Over to You
Now, we have come to the end of this guide. We hope that you have been able to come up with a decision on the best tea kettle for your home. We also would like to hear from you if you have any suggestions of other tea kettles you feel should be on our list and also if you have used any of the above-mentioned tea kettle please leave a comment with us below.
Our aim is to keep this guide constantly up to date for everyone’s benefit.
Thanks for reading!